I’m someone who can’t resist jumping headfirst into work straight out of bed. So I’m counting on this morning cup to make my day easier. This is especially useful on days when those urgent or irritating emails appear in my inbox first thing in the morning. You know those. It’s the beauty of having a cold infusion concentrate close at hand. You can pour an instant cup of the freshest, dairy-free cold brew coffee with the intensity your body needs.
If you wake up in a Zen mood after a restful sleep (I guess that happens to some of you?) Then you can pour in a gentle amount of concentrate. Balance it with a little water or creamy coconut milk drink and that perfect splash of So Delicious Dairy Free Cream. If it’s a hectic night’s sleep and your stress levels are high, go intense and sweeten the deal with a good pour of this dairy free cream.
And you don’t have to pay big bucks when you can make your own cold brew concentrate at home! Dairy-free cold brew coffee is affordable and so much fresher than store-bought coffee. In fact, a 10-ounce bag of coffee beans makes 12 to 15 cups of cold brew concentrate! And it is really easy.
Just soak the coarsely ground beans overnight.
Filter to reveal a perfectly smooth cold brew coffee concentrate.
Pour some of the coffee concentrate into your cup. Leave it at room temperature, heat for a hot cup, or add ice for an iced coffee.
Dilute with water or a dairy-free milk drink of your choice. And pour in the best dairy-free coffee creamer for the perfect cold-brewed, dairy-free coffee drink.
I got the supplies I needed to make this cold, dairy-free coffee at Target. Right away, I love shopping there – they always have cute stuff. In addition, their Cart wheel application offers good deals!
They had a great selection of coffee, but it was easy to decide. Archer Farms Organic Whole Bean Coffee were excellent value for money and came in several varieties.
For the perfect cold brew coffee without dairy, I took a liter of So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Creamer.
And of course I needed some cool clear cups to showcase my dairy-free cold brew coffee. Target had the perfect glassware for a good deal. But I also spotted a cool fathers day mug that I just had to pick up for my dad.
Special Diet Notes: Cold Brew Dairy Free Coffee
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
Cold Brew Dairy Free Coffee with Snickerdoodle Option
- â cup (2 ounces) of coffee beans
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half (optional)
- 3 cups of cold water
- Place the coffee beans in your blender, food processor or coffee grinder. Pulse the beans a few times. You want a coarse meal or finely chopped beans, not coffee grounds.
- Transfer the chopped coffee beans to a large jar or container. Optionally add the cinnamon stick. Cover the coffee with the water.
- Cover the container and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Pour the coffee through a bag of nut milk (for cleaner results) or a fine mesh sieve covered with a cheesecloth or coffee filter into another container.
- Fill your cup halfway with the coffee concentrate. If desired, heat the coffee or add ice for iced coffee.
- Add cream, to taste, and water or a milk drink (hot or cold), as needed. Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon to serve.
Pin this homemade cold brew dairy free coffee
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Danone. Opinions, photos, texts and in-store purchases are mine.